Bolli/Brandeis Photo Class Begins April 16, 2019
April 10, 2019
COMPOSITION TECHNIQUES FOR SMARTPHONES
1. INCLUDE A FOCAL POINT, SUBJECT OR POINT OF INTEREST
2. RULE OF THIRDS
3. DIAGONAL LINES GIVE BALANCE AND STRENGTH
4. SHOOT FROM A LOWER ANGLE
5. INCLUDE FOREGROUND INTEREST
6. USE LEADING LINES (roads, paths, rivers, bridges,)
7. FILL THE FRAME
8. LEAVE SPACE FOR MOVEMENT
10. FRAME YOUR SUBJECT (ARCHES, TREES, BRIDGES)
13. BREAK THE RULES
Remember these thoughts from Nancy Katz:
You just have to go to the bottom of your driveway to take a great shot.
You can't make a bad shot great even with Snapseed, Enlight or any other App.
Edit your images fairly and don't be in love with your images; let them go if you have to.
Life's greatest secret is knowing when to stop.